wanted_Gun_20130419_131719Photo Source: Fox News

BREAKING NEWS: Boston remained on lockdown, with  Black Hawk helicopters patrolling the skies and authorities “going door-to-door,  street-to-street” through the Watertown section as the hunt for the second  Boston Marathon bomber continued following a chaotic night of mayhem night that  saw a police officer and one of the suspects killed.

Earlier, a bullet-riddled SUV was  recovered in the city’s Watertown section and the FBI searched a home in  Cambridge where the brothers were believed to have lived. A woman was taken from  inside the building, but it was not known if she had any connection to the  suspects.

Police believe the two suspects  from Monday’s terror attack are Chechen brothers, Muslims possibly from  Dagestan, a province in Russia  that borders Chechnya. The man on the loose was identified as Dzhokhar A.  Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass. They are believed to have been here for  “several years,” sources said, and potentially up to a decade.

“We have several other new leads that have just developed with the past few  minutes,” said Massachusetts State Police Police Superintendent Timothy Alben,  speaking at a news conference early Friday afternoon. He said police had covered  “60 to 70 percent” of the perimeter, inside which they believe Tsarnaev is  hiding.

Police believe Tsarnaev could be armed and consider him extremely dangerous.  He and his brother — in a vehicle they carjacked from a man who later escaped — led police on a chase through city streets after robbing a 7-11 in Cambridge and  killing a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer, according to  authorities.

The suspects threw explosives from the car and exchanged gunfire with police  who were in pursuit as it headed into Watertown, according to the district  attorney’s news release. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was shot several times in the  gunfight and pronounced dead late Thursday at an area hospital. But his younger  brother escaped, and continued to elude authorities, who were going door-to-door  all morning in Watertown.

“Suspect No. 1 is dead, Suspect 2 is on the run,” Massachusetts Gov. Deval  Patrick said at a Friday morning press conference. “There is a massive manhunt  underway.”

Police also found a car believed to be registered to Tamerlan Tsarnaev in  Boston, after earlier issuing a lookout bulletin to Connecticut State police.  The Black Hawk choppers were flying above Watertown “to provide extra eyes,”  sources told The Boston Globe.

During the pursuit, a MBTA transit police officer was seriously injured and  transported to the hospital, according to a news release. He was identified as  Richard H. Donahue Jr., 33, and was being treated at Mt. Auburn Hospital.

Witnesses told The Associated Press they heard multiple gunshots and  explosions at about 1 a.m. Friday. Dozens of police officers and FBI agents were  in the neighborhood and a helicopter circled overhead.

State police spokesman David Procopio told the news agency: “The incident in  Watertown did involve what we believe to be explosive devices possibly,  potentially, being used against the police officers.”

Doctors at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston where a suspect in  the marathon bombings was taken and later died said they treated a man with a  possible blast injury and multiple gunshot wounds. They wouldn’t say if the  patient they treated, who came in with police, was the suspect in the black hat  from marathon surveillance footage.

Schools are closed, train and bus service is suspended and police were  telling residents of neighborhoods including Cambridge, Waltham, Watertown,  Newton, Arlington and Belmont to stay indoors.

The suspects apparently surfaced just hours after the FBI released their  imaged late Thursday afternoon, going on a bloody rampage that claimed the life  of MIT Police Officer Sean Collier, 26. He was found shot to death in his squad  car at 10:20 p.m. Thursday. It was not clear if he was killed before or after  the convenience store was robbed, at about 10 p.m.

“The MIT Police serve all of us at the Institute with great dignity, honor  and dedication,” Israel Ruiz, MIT’s executive vice president and treasurer, said  in a statement. “Everyone here — those who knew Officer Collier, and those who  did not — are devastated by the events that transpired on our campus last night.  We will never forget the seriousness with which he took his role protecting MIT  and those of us who consider it home.”

Earlier Friday, Cambridge police and the Middlesex District Attorney’s office  said the MIT officer was responding to a report of a disturbance when he was  shot multiple times late Thursday. He later died at a hospital. His name was not  immediately released.

Procopio said the shooting took place about 10:30 p.m. outside an MIT  building. The area was cordoned off and surrounded by responding law enforcement  agencies, according to a posting on the university’s website.

The shooting came little more than three days after the twin bombings on the  Boston Marathon that killed three people, wounded more than 180 others and led  to an increase in security across the city.

Click here for more from  MyFoxBoston.com.

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin, Jana Winter, Mike Tobin, Mike Levine, Griff  Jenkins and The Associated Press contributed to this report


One thought on “BREAKING NEWS: Door-to-Door Dragnet for Boston Marathon Bomber

God bless you! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s