The calls started to flood into the Branch County 911 Center around midnight. Each one reporting deafening loud booms and everyone believed the boom happened somewhere close.
“We just heard a really loud bang outside our house and me and my kids are really scared, I don’t know what it is and now we’re afraid to outside,” says one caller. “I didn’t see anything but I heard a big boom…it was like a big boom like someone was kicking in the door,” says another caller.
It was the talk of the town in Union City Wednesday, everyone with their own theories on what caused it. “It sounded like a cannon going off is the only way I can describe it, kind of like a thunder boom but it was only the one time,” says Michelle Reincke who lives in Union City. “I think it’s aliens to tell you the truth, I think it’s aliens coming down to earth see us,” says Tomika Dow.
And adding to the mystery, this is not the first time. One night last may the booms woke people up in Branch County and were heard all the way to Calhoun and Kalamazoo counties. “It’s the same time as last year, we had these loud crashing noises like either an explosion or a sonic boom kind of an earthquake,” says Cynthia Shattuck. There were no earthquakes recorded in the area overnight, the National Guard base in Battle Creek says there were no flights there last night. Source
- Mysterious ‘booms’ still unexplained (vineoflife.net)
- Unexplained boom baffles experts, residents: heard in four Illinois counties (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Western New York State residents baffled by mysterious ‘boom noises’ (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Mysterious ‘Booms’ Heard Across Southern Illinois Puzzles Experts, Residents (midnightwatcher.wordpress.com)
- Does Uptick in Mysterious “Booms” Foretell Mega-Quake? (vineoflife.net)