There is an old song that says, “What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus! What can make me whole again, nothing but the blood of Jesus! Oh, precious is the flow, that makes me white as snow. No other fount(ain) I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus!” We sang this many times when I was a little girl at church.
The blood of Jesus is necessary to cleanse you, heal you, deliver you! In the Old Testament when the children of Israel were told to put the blood over the door post and the angel of death would pass over them and all would be safe, it was a type and shadow of when Jesus would shed His blood for us on Calvary! When God looks at a Christian, He does not see your past, He does not see your failings, He sees one thing and that is the blood of His Son. Through the blood He sees redemption from death and the curse which is poverty, sickness and lack! I plead the blood daily over myself and my family for protection! Many times our very lives have been protected because I pled the blood of Jesus over us!
In the New Testament, testament meaning covenant or promise, you will see the phrase again and again “in Him”. What does this mean? It means when you take Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour He literally lives in you and you are seen by God as “in Him”! When God looks at you He sees Jesus and all of His attributes! This is how we get the phrase, “Jesus lives in my heart”. You cannot be well-behaved enough to get into heaven, you cannot buy your way by giving to churches and charities to get into heaven, you cannot go to church and think you are going to heaven because you are a member of a church. The ONLY way into heaven is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, receive Him as Lord and Saviour, and live for Him on His terms not your own! When you do this you are washed and cleansed by His blood! When God looks at you He sees red! The precious red blood of Jesus! Your spirit is then recreated and you are made new! Old things are passed away and all things are made new! You are literally a new creation IN CHRIST JESUS!
In John 3:3 Jesus tells us “Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” In John 3:16-18 He says,
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
How beautiful! Once we are born again we have escaped judgement and inherit life eternal with our Father God in heaven!
The blood of Jesus does many things!
1. It remits sins (Matt. 26:28).
2. It gives life to those who consume it (John 6:53).
3. It causes us to dwell in Christ and He in us (John 6:56).
4. It is the means by which Jesus purchased the church (Acts 20:28).
5. It is the means by which Jesus becomes our atonement through faith (Rom. 3:25).
6. It justifies us and saves us from wrath (Rom. 5:9).
7. It redeems us (Eph. 1:7; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; Rev. 5:9).
8. It brings those who were far away from God near to Him (Eph. 2:13).
9. It grants us the forgiveness of sins (Col. 1:14).
10. It brings peace and reconciliation to God (Col. 1:20).
11. It has obtained eternal redemption for us (Heb. 9:12).
12. It cleanses our conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Heb. 9:14).
13. It is the means by which we enter the most holy place with boldness (Heb. 10:19).
14. It speaks a better word than the blood of Abel (Heb. 12:24, NIV).
15. It sanctifies us (Heb. 13:12).
16. It makes us complete for every good work (Heb. 13:20-21, NKJV).
17. It cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).
18. It bears witness in the earth along with the Spirit and the water (1 John 5:8, KJV).
19. It is the means by which Jesus washes us (Rev. 1:5; 7:14).
20. It is the means by which we overcome the accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:11).
Summary: Thank God for the “precious” blood of Christ . . . the “sprinkled” blood of Christ . . . the blood of “the new covenant” . . . the blood of “the eternal covenant” (1 Pet. 1:19; Heb. 12:24; Luke 22:20; Heb. 13:20).
“The life is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11).
The blood of Jesus is necessary to our redemption from sin and all you have to do is ask God for it. If you are not born again and would like to be, please pray this prayer with me:
Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, “Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved” Acts 2:21. I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10: If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” I do that now. I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.
I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved! You also said in Your Word, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him? Luke 11:13. I’m also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me utterance Acts 2:4. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Reference: Kenneth Copeland http://www.kcm.org/
Blessings to you, precious reader! And remember JESUS IS LORD!! See you next time!